Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lover of the Lonely

I have felt rejection in my life
Loneliness, betrayal
The emptiness of knowing
You are not wanted
You are not accepted
You are not one of us.
But you Oh Lord,
You felt this all the more
You were despised by men
You were abandoned by your friends
Denied
Abused
Hurt
They all have rejected you.
And I too have denied you
Hurt you
I turned my back on you.
Yet you still love me
Nothing I do will ever sway you
You are relentless.
Where do I turn when I feel alone?
I turn to the lover of the lonely.
Where do I turn if all have left me?
When no one wants me?
When people hurt me?
To the giver of peace
To the holder of light
The one who never sleeps.
You look for me when I am lost
You fight for me when I am weak
You hurt when you see me cry.
I will never deserve you
Yet your love is eternal.
Once rejected
Forever honored
King of Kings
Keeper of my heart.
You are all I need
And my thirst shall be quenched.

1 comment: